Reputable New York Law Firm Helps with Labor and Employment Law Issues
Accomplished lawyer provides knowledgeable counsel for workers and collective bargaining units
The law firm of Gardy & Notis, LLP advocates for clients in labor and employment law matters throughout New York as well as nationwide. For a business to run smoothly, there must be a certain amount of give and take, and employers must follow state and federal guidelines when it comes to classifying employees and paying fair wages.
I am attorney Orin Kurtz, and for over 20 years, my law firm has helped employees resolve disputes with employers over compliance with federal and state regulations and employment contracts. Through a combination of detailed analysis, practical advice and innovative strategies, I provide effective solutions for my clients.
Determined litigator fights hard in clients’ legal matters
When you are dealing with a labor or employment dispute, who you hire to represent you is a vital decision. My clients entrust me with their legal matters because of my:
- Accomplished advocacy — I have more than 17 years of experience advocating for clients’ rights under the labor laws of various states and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Aggressive litigation — I fight hard to protect and advance my clients’ interests and rights and have taken some of this country’s largest employers to court to hold them accountable for labor law violations.
- Respected leadership — I am a frequent speaker at national employment law conventions and have taught Continuing Legal Education classes on labor and employment law subjects.
I understand that no two cases are alike and provide every client with the personalized service they deserve.
Experienced attorney protects clients’ rights and interests
I am passionate about my work and strive to bring a satisfactory conclusion to every client’s issue in some very specific areas of labor and employment law, including:
- Wage and hour violations — My firm will represent your interests when you are not paid the wages you are due. Wage and hour violations include failure to pay overtime, employee misclassification, unpaid internships and mandatory tip pooling.
- Unfair labor practices — I work with clients who need help with labor law issues such as employer interference with the right to collective bargaining, the refusal to negotiate in good faith or retaliation against employees for union activities.
- Class actions — When a large company’s employment law violations widely impact its workforce, my firm can help restore that inequity through a class action lawsuit that holds the employer accountable.
There are many complexities in labor and employment law that can’t be exhaustively covered on a website. If you believe you have a case, we can sit down and discuss your options.
Speak with a qualified New York employment law attorney today
Gardy & Notis, LLP represents clients throughout New York and nationwide in employment and labor law matters. Please call my firm at 917-997-7634 or contact me online to schedule a confidential consultation.