Reputable New York Class Action Lawyers
Accomplished lawyers provide knowledgeable counsel for workers
The Employment Division of Gardy & Notis, LLP represents employees throughout New York and nationwide.
We have recovered millions of dollars for employees in class actions for failure to pay overtime, failure to pay straight time, misclassification as independent contractors, unlawful deductions from wages, unlawful retention of gratuities and discrimination in violation of Title VII and state laws.
Determined litigator fights hard in clients’ legal matters
When you are dealing with an employment dispute, who you hire to represent you is a vital decision. Our clients entrust me with their legal matters because of our:
- Accomplished advocacy — Orin Kurtz, who leads the Employment Division, I has more than 17 years of experience advocating for clients’ rights under the labor laws of various states and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Aggressive litigation — We fight hard to protect and advance our clients’ interests and rights and have taken some of this country’s largest employers to court to hold them accountable for labor law violations.
- Respected leadership — Orin Kurtz is a frequent speaker at national employment law conventions, teaches Continuing Legal Education seminars on class action and employment law subjects, and is a regional editor of an American Bar Association publication called Employment At Will.
We understand that no two cases are alike and we provide every client with the personalized service they deserve.
Experienced attorney protects clients’ rights and interests
We strive to bring a satisfactory conclusion to every client’s issue in some very specific areas of labor and employment law, including:
- Class actions — When a large company’s employment law violations widely impact its workforce, my firm can help restore that inequity through a class action lawsuit that holds the employer accountable.
- Wage and hour violations — Our firm will represent your interests when you are not paid the wages you are due. Wage and hour violations include failure to pay overtime, employee misclassification, unpaid internships, mandatory tip pooling, unlawful retention of gratuities, and misclassification as an independent contractor.
- ERISA Violations — If you have experienced inequity in your 401(k) or other retirement account, we can help. For instance, if your 401(k) offers poorly performing proprietary funds (funds that are owned or run by the employer), you may have a claim under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). We are currently serving as class counsel in a massive ERISA case with over 200,000 employee-class members.
There are many complexities in class action and employment law that can’t be exhaustively covered on a website. If you believe you have a case, contact us to discuss your options.
Speak with a qualified New York employment law attorney today
Gardy & Notis, LLP represents clients throughout New York and nationwide in employment and labor law matters. Please call us at 917-810-4303 or contact me online to schedule a confidential consultation.